Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

my summer sale book loot

          Every year, I look forward to National Bookstore's sale season.  There are usually 2 sale seasons, one during the summer and the other, during the store's anniversary month.  Whenever I'm at the bookstore, I always try to make a mental list of which books to buy during the sale so that I could maximize my savings.

            These are the books that I got during this summer's sale:


          I have always wanted to learn how to draw and these 2 books were just too cute to resist.  Sachiko Umoto is an illustrator in Japan. On each page, she gives tips so that your drawing will have a more detailed look.  Goodbye stick figure drawings!  Soon you'll be a whiz with the app Draw Something!
          
        Illustration School: Let's Draw Cute Animals is also available if you are planning to complete the series.

Illustration School: Let's Draw Happy People - Php 436 (Php 545)
Illustration School: Let's Draw Plants and Small Creatures - Php 436 (Php 545)



          I also got this painting book about Claude Monet, who happens to be one of my favorite painters.    Written by Tamsin Pickeral, the book contains a lot of information about Monet's life, his influences and techniques.  For only Php 295, you get more than a hundred of Monet's masterpieces in postcard size. This book will be truly helpful because when I have the time, I hope to replicate some of his most famous masterpieces.  When I have the time.  As if I can replicate them.  Also, I had hoped to find a Van Gogh version of this but I wasn't able to, so if you find one, please let me know.

          Linger is Maggie Stiefvater's second book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy.  The story began in Shiver, where Grace meets and falls in love with Sam, a human who turns wolf in the cold of winter.  Forever, the third book, has also been out since last year, but I am still waiting for a paperback copy. 

        If you are a fan of The Secret by Rhonda Byrne or just about any book about the Law of Attraction, you will also want to get The Magic.  I haven't even read her other book, The Power,  but  I felt I just had to have this, too.  At first glance, I think the book focuses more on an attitude of gratitude.

Monet - Php 236  (Php 295)
Linger - Php 319.2 (Php 399)
The Magic - Php 335.2 (Php 419)

          I got each book at 20% off, so I was able to save Php 440. Not bad at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment