Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tell No One - Harlan Coben

photo from lovereading.co.uk


Newly wed childhood sweethearts David and Elizabeth Beck were vacationing at their favorite cabin when the unthinkable happens.  They are attacked; David is left unconscious, having no memory of what has just transpired while Elizabeth is taken and believed to have been murdered by a serial killer.  8 years later, David is still not over his wife's death.    On the eve of their anniversary, David receives a strange email containing information only he and Elizabeth know.   The email sparks a lot of questions:  Is Elizabeth alive?  What really happened that night 8 years ago?  Things get complicated when new evidence prompt the police to label David as a possible suspect in Elizabeth's murder.

Harlan Coben did not disappoint.    This is the first book I read among his novels and I consider this one of his best ones.  This is my second time to read this book and I still found it as exciting and as fast paced as before.  I found myself rapidly turning each page eager to find out if Elizabeth is still alive, and if she is, where has she been all this time?

As much as I liked this one, I didn't enjoy Coben's previous books with Myron Bolitar as main protagonist.  If you are looking for a suspenseful book you can't put down, this would be it.

Rating: 4 stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment