Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

DK Eyewitness Travel Top Ten Hongkong

          I have been to Hongkong lots of times before and I have always depended on my parents and our tour guide to dictate which places we should go to.  Now that I am a parent myself, I wanted to be sure that my family will be able to maximize our 5 day trip.  So I decided to plan our itinerary and designated myself as our tour guide.   
          DK's Eyewitness Travel Top Ten Hongkong was my perfect partner. The best thing about it is that it's small enough to fit in your bag.  It comes with a pocket map and subway route (although not entirely comprehensive) so you can get lost exploring and just find your way back.   
         It's not one of those bulky and boring travel guides you won't bother reading from end to end.  I am proud to say that I read through the whole book because the topics were in short capsules and information was very concise. 


 

          Aside from showing you Hongkong in a nutshell, it also offers traveler tips as well as restaurant and shopping recommendations.  Because of this book, I realized that there is more to Hongkong than just Nathan Road, Disneyland and Harbour City.   Five days is really not enough to explore this glorious place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment