Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

          Two years ago, I was so excited to have my copy of Mockingjay, the third installment in the Hunger Games Trilogy.  I liked it so much I didn't mind buying the hardcover instead of waiting for the paperback, which is what I usually do.
             Catching Fire ended with a surprise; there is a District 13!  During the Quarter Quell, Katniss and the others were rescued by rebels from District 13.  It turns out that there had been a lot of underground plotting geared toward overthrowing the Capitol.   Even though she hates the Capitol, Katniss  dislikes  being  a pawn in the revolution.  With most districts in revolt, there is chaos and death everywhere.  Will the rebels succeed in overthrowing the Capitol?  Find out what will happen in Panem when you pick up Mockingjay.

                                                        photo from barnes and noble.com

          Mockingjay is not as exciting as the first two books.  Although there are a lot of action sequences, I could not seem to picture the scenes in my head.   What  I  loved about this book is getting to know the characters Finnick and Johanna, both victors at past Hunger Games and now members of the revolution.
However, just like the previous two books, Mockingjay also has its fair share of dying characters.  Even then, I felt no need to bring out the tissue.
         There is still the excitement of finding out who Katniss will end up with.   Peeta has been kidnapped and tortured by the Capitol while Gale has joined the rebel forces.  Will Katniss be with Peeta or  Gale?  I'm happy that the boy I was rooting for ended up with her.


Rating: 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment