Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hongkong Bookstores

          Aside from spending time with my family, I have two more things that I love most to do: reading books and traveling.  So, on trips abroad, a trip to the bookstore is a must!
          After viewing the beauty of the city from atop the Peak, find your way to Dymocks Bookstore inside the Peak Galleria.  Though their selections are not as extensive as other bookstores, the store is still inviting enough for a bookworm like me.

                                                              (yup, that's me, hehe!)


           
          Bookbuddy in Causeway Bay is a real treat.  This bookstore is especially targeted for kids and young adults.  Though the bookstore is small, parents will enjoy browsing through its shelves for recommended books for their tiny loved ones.   I would love to bring my son L here when he's bigger.

                                                        Page One Bookstore, Harbour City

          No doubt, the best bookstore in Hongkong is Page One.  They have an extensive collection of books from all genres, in English titles.  This has caught me by surprise because most of the natives we have encountered are not English speakers.  Anyway, Page One is huge!  They carry most of the books I have browsed on Amazon.  I was lucky enough to explore the branches in Harbour City (Tsim Sha Tsui), Times Square (Causeway Bay) and Festival Walk (Kowloon Tong).  

          Sadly, I was not able to buy any book for myself because I was on a budget, but I was able to get these two wonderful books for my baby L (Little Seal and Noodle Loves To Cuddle). 

No comments:

Post a Comment