Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Book Loot from National Bookstore's Sale

    These are the books that I got during the recent National Bookstore sale.  I think I would've gotten more but A got sick during the last few days of the sale so I couldn't go out.


    The Best Advice I Ever Got : Lessons from Extraordinary Lives by Katie Couric is a collection of   insights from famous celebrities like Hugh Jackman, Mario Batali, Ryan Seacrest, Beyonce and many more.  My sister bought this from the sale and when I browsed through her copy, I just loved it!  I opened the book to Ellen DeGeneres' page where she wrote about coming out and how she learned to  just be true to herself.  Truly inspiring! I can't wait to read what life lessons Steven Spielberg and Martha Stewart have to share.
     I want to improve on my writing so I got  Robert's Rules of Writing: 101 Unconventional Lessons Every Writer  Needs To Know by Robert Masello.  I was thinking of getting a book on grammar but I didn't want to lose myself in all the technicalities of writing.  I want to learn how to express myself better and to simply enjoy writing and not be obsessed with writing conventions.
     The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own by Nina Garcia is an impulse buy.  Although I enjoy reading fashion magazines, I don't usually browse the fashion and beauty book aisle.  I'm not really into fashion; I spend more money on books than clothes.  I think I bought this book just because of Ruben Toledo's illustrations.  I'm feeling some buyer's remorse over this purchase.  8(

The Best Advice I Ever Got : Lessons from Extraordinary Lives -  P 439.20         (P 549)
Robert's Rules of Writing: 101 Unconventional Lessons Every Writer  Needs To Know -   P 236  (P295)
The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own -        P 317.50   (P 635)

     I was able to save P 486.30! Can't wait for the next sale!  

No comments:

Post a Comment